Aumgene Biosciences has fully equipped Biotech R&D facilities to offer a wide array of contract research services in the Biotech / life sciences space. The company also has pilot scale and production scale fermentation facilities with GMP compliant equipments and infrastructure to offer high quality contract fermentation services for research as well as manufacturing of enzymes, probiotics and other biological, pharma & neutraceutical products.
A brief description of the company’s R&D, Pilot and Production fermentation infrastructure is provided in the “facilities section” of this page.
The company’s high quality biotech infrastructure is backed by top quality scientific personnel. The company has a multidisciplinary team of qualified & experienced Research scientist, Engineers, Scientific managers and support staff with a strong track record in Biotech R&D and manufacturing space.
Contract Research Services
Aumgene offers a wide range of contract research services to Biotech, Life sciences and Pharmaceutical companies in India and abroad.
A partial list of biotech research services that we offer:
1. Microbial strain development & optimization for production of industrial and Speciality enzymes, Neutraceuticals (Probiotics and Prebiotics), Pharmaceutical intermediates, Biotransformation, Biochemicals, etc.
2. Molecular cloning & Protein purification for expression of recombinant proteins for therapeutic and non-therapeutic applications.
GENE CLONING / PROTEIN EXPRESSION
Gene Cloning: Target gene will be isolated and codon optimized for the expression system. Synthesized gene will be ligated in a suitable expression vector. Sequencing and restriction enzyme analysis will be done to verify the identity of the target gene.
Protein Expression: The transformants will be screened to identify high expression clones. The expression levels will be studied in micro-titer plates or shake flasks followed by lab fermenters.
FERMENTATION PROCESS DEVELOPMENT (LAB AND PILOT SCALE FERMENTATION)
– The performance of the high expression clones obtained by screening the positive clones will be studied in lab fermenters.
– Depending on product and customer requirement pilot scale fermentation batches and production scale up services can also be offered. We presently have fermenters of following capacities (working volume) – 7L, 20L, 50L, 100L, 200L, 500L, 3000L, 5000L
DOWNSTREAM PROCESSING & PROTEIN PURIFICATION
– Fermentation cell mass will be processed to carry out isolation and purification of the target proteins.
– For industrial proteins we can use Microfiltration or Ultrafiltration to get the desired protein concentration.
– For therapeutic proteins or for high protein purity requirements, purification will be done through column chromatography using wide range of columns.
– Refolding will be done using various techniques to achieve the correct conformation. [Optional]
Physicochemical characterization of purified protein will be done by following techniques.
– SDS-PAGE [Coomassie stained and Silver stained]
– Western Blot analysis [customer supplied antibodies needed].
– Isoelectric Focusing
– Molecular Weight determination [SDS-PAGE and Mass Spectra]
– Percentile purity by HPLC
- Size Exclusion HPLC
- Ion-Exchange HPLC
- Reverse Phase HPLC