APPLICATION – Aerobic Biocomposting system.
Aumgene’s Aerobic Biocomposting system (Trade name: Super Culture) is a very effective consortium of bacterial and fungal species which have been isolated by Aumgene’s research team from various biodiversities. These microbes have been selected based on their effectiveness to decompose cellulosic matter to organic compost which is very useful as fertilizer / manure in agriculture. In addition to its benefit in traditional farming it can also be used as organic manure for organic farming.
This product is presently used by various sugar factories for aerobic composting of Press mud and distillery spent wash. Our composting system has also been very useful in efficient management of spent wash for sugar factories with distilleries. It is also a very effective product for composting of agricultural waste / residues (all types of dried plants, stems, leaves, stalks, etc) to produce very good quality farm yard manure. Several farmers across India have been using our biocomposting system and have greatly benefited from the savings resulting through its use.
Our composting culture system contains carefully isolated bacterial and fungal strains of the following species.
– Trichoderma resie
– Aspergillus oryzae
– Aspergillus niger
– Humicola insolens
– Bacillus subtilis
– Pseudomonas sp.
– Nitrosomonas sp.
– Nitrobacter sp.
The above strains have been selected through rigorous selection criteria. Together the above strains produce various cellulytic enzymes such as cellulase, hemicellulase, Pectinase and other enzymes such as amylase, beta-glucanase etc. which are key to the composting of sugar factory press mud and other cellulytic wastes. Also all the above strains are either thermophillic or mesophilic in nature. Hence they are able to withstand the high temperatures (70-80o C) during the composting process.
Basic Guidelines for using Super culture:
Super culture can be used to decompose the following wastes.
1. Any plant wastes such as dry leaves, stems, etc generated after harvesting of the crops.
2. Farm yard manure such as cow dung, vermicompost, press mud etc.
3. City / Muncipal waste
In order to use Super culture effectively the following points must be considered.
1. The waste to be decomposed should be shredded into pieces not more then 2 inch in size.
2. The waste should be spread in windrow/ heap form of approximately 3 ft x 3 ft.
3. The moisture content of the waste should be about 15-35%.
4. Super culture should be uniformly mixed or sprayed on the heaps with turning.
5. After the application of super culture the heap must be turned periodically in every 3-4 days for effective and fast composting
6. The completion of composting should be judged properly. Usually a fall in temperature to room temperature, absence of any foul ammonia like smell and brown humus like color are common properties to be noted to judge the completion of composting
Dosage guidelines for Super culture.
1. For farm yard manure like cow dung etc – 1 Kg per ton
2. For press mud – 0.5-2.0 Kg per ton
3. For plant wastes such as dry leaves, stems, etc – 2-3 Kg per ton
4. For City / Muncipal waste – 1-1.5 Kg per ton
Please note that the above dosages are only suggestive. The actual optimum dosage of Super culture may vary depending upon the specific properties of the waste material to be composted.